Sunday 2 September 2012

Bimbo Akintola-“Having children outside marriage, there is nothing bad in that”

“I am stating clearly now that I am not botherd about my marital status. I know all fingers are not equal so I am not disturbed when they talk about marriage. If I had wanted to marry fifteen years ago, I would have done that. In the area of raising children, I have several children under my care though they are not my biological children. They are the children I am helping. Some of them are married with children so, I am a grandmother now. I know marriage is a bigger task. You cannot compare  it to the boyfriend stuff where you can pack your things and  go if you are provoked In marriage, you are going nowhere. It is for better, for worse. I strongly disagree with this idea of an ideal man. There is nothing like that. As far as you’re given attention by the man, the age is insignificant. There is no particular man that is ideal. Choose the things you like about the man and you work from there. Before you know it, things will start working good from there. In marriage, you will continue to have problems until you understand yourselves well. And it takes a lot of time for both parties to understand themselves. So, if you are looking for a perfect man, you will die old ,wretched and wrinkled”.
I didn’t see any bad thing with that. There are some women who are ready to marry but they have not seen the right man. Some of these people are above 5oyears and they still have not gotten married”

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

But seriously she is right nothing wrong having children without getting married, esp, now that men are not eager to settle down

Anonymous said...

I'm not ready to settle down with any man who will slow down my career,as im talking to u,i have two beautiful kids from my boyfriend,we've both agreed not to get married it will ruin everything,It's no big deal, most people are divorcing any how ds days while all d headache going thru that.

Anonymous said...

Is this the reason why lesbianism has trippled over these few years

Tobi said...

My favourite actress,i'm not 100%of in agreement with what you said, but hey,its your life, you have every right to live the way you want.

Anonymous said...

Bimbo, i dont believe what you have just said, you need a husband

Anonymous said...

But seriously,where in the law is it stated that a man and a woman must be married before they have children?

Okey said...

Every woman needs a husband, most single mothers will tell you that,do the maths, most married couple with children are happier than the single mothers or fathers and they live longer too

Anonymous said...

I know of a woman who was ready to have a child with a man because he was mixed,she told him , i have money all i need is just to have a child with you, i don't need the marriage.