Tuesday 15 January 2013

Be Inspired! "I was told I wouldn't live past 30 but now i am 42"-t boz



 Tionne Watkins  who we all know as T-boz, a member of the music group TLC.
She was diagnosed with sickle cell anemia. Reality came knocking at her door again, this time she was diagnosed with brain tumor, which left her partially blind and deaf.But she was able to fight back for everything she wanted after loosing sight,hearing, balance and speech.

"I was told I would't live past 30, I would be disabled my whole life, and I will never be a mother, but, my daughter is Chase, she is 12 . I have travelled the world in one of the best groups ever and I am 42".
When a doctor told her that her headaches were caused by a tumour, she triggered a string of emotion but not anger.



"I had that fight because I wanted to live. I didn't have time to die". The hardest time was not knowing if the tumour was cancerous or if it will kill , she said. She began a desperate search for doctors she trusted and didn't see her as a dollar sign.

"So I said to my face first, because you couldn't look at me and tell me I am deaf or blind. My hearing second because I still want to sing and have my speech. They took my balance completely from the right". After three years of physical therapy to teach her brain how to compensate for the loss of balance, she can see,speak and hear.

Predictions of her lifespan are still pessimistic but her optimism rejects them. "Now they are saying 45, but I will rather take over the disease than let it take over me".


No comments: