Friday 19 February 2016

Wow Wizkid best –dressed pop star in Nigeria


Take a read at the interview he had with Vogue

What’s your closet situation like?
 Wizkid: It’s mad. I have my little cousins in my house all the time taking my stuff.
Would you ever do your own clothing line?
Wizkid: I’m hoping to release a clothing line after my EP, planned for April. It’s going to be tracksuits, T-shirts, hats, and African attire as well. I’ll have a special line for traditional [clothes] with my tailors. Taking Africa to the world.

It’s important to you to do this for Africa.
Yeah, it’s a lot of responsibility. Even for my T-shirts, I’m having the real African prints used as the design on them. I’m getting them locally made in the villages in Nigeria. The proper, proper materials.


Ojuelegba is the name of a neighborhood, right? Why is it important to you to shout out where you’re from? Wizkid: Ojuelegba is where I grew up. It’s crazy, rough, tough. That’s what built me into what I am today. The streets of Lagos are definitely different from anywhere else in the world. Making it out of there is just madness. You have to experience it. You have kids on the street hawking, just the hustle and bustle. If you stay in the car and drive past Ojuelegba, you will feel the vibe and you will feel the hustle. It’s a very, very, very, very important place to me, because it’s where one of the studios I started recording is [located]. I was there every day of my life for like three, four, five years.

Where do you live now? Are you clubbing? Is Lagos the place to be? Wizkid: I live in Lekki now. There are new clubs popping up every day. We go to places like Escape, Sip, and it’s madness. December is the craziest time to be in Lagos. I just left there, so I’m pretty exhausted from going hard. Africa is the next thing right now. Talking fashion, music, anything—Africa is on top of all that.


No comments: