Monday 19 August 2013

A man calls off his engagement with his fiancée for mistakenly burning down his home



Xpressurselfshow reader sent this sad email to me on Sunday.
 
Vivien, my eyes have seen better days, I can’t eat, can’t sleep. For the past four days my I’ve been tearing up: eyes swollen, lost weight that my family cannot recognize me anymore, they are scared that I might take my life.
What kind of world have I come into, why should life throw me off the cuff like this? This is the sixth time that I am this close to getting to the altar with the man I love, only for my life to crumble before my own eyes. Last Sunday at about 3pm, my fiancé and I were on our way to visit his mother for the first time; a man I’ve known for nine months. Before we left his apartment, I had prepared pepper soup and rice (his favourite) but he said he will eat it after we have returned from seeing his mother. I left the kitchen sparkling. Full of excitement.

 10mins after we left Dolphine to Ikeja, my fiancé’s phone rang; I answered it since he was the on steering…….I almost passed out when I heard fire! Fire! Your house is on fire! She frantically said.

Straight to the point, we never made it to his mother’s home. By the time we could beat the traffic to the scene, half of the house had burnt down, neigbours with their buckets of water, fire extinguishers could not remedy the situation. Could hear the fire fighters and their siren trying to make their way into the building.

 I had forgotten to turn off the gas properly (the knob was half switched off)my God, how stupid of me: from that moment, it was a thin line between love and hate; almost all his valuables were gone, including his international passport.

Fell on my knees, pleaded , till they became sore. The only words he muttered was “GET OUT OF MY SIGHT, MY LIFE, I NEVER WANT TO SET MY EYES ON YOU”

 Every effort I made to get through to him were aborted, his numbers never go through, all his friends never pick up my call at least for them to inform me of his state.

Vivien, this is my predicament, I am 37years,is there anything wrong with me? The sixth time of getting close to the altar!!! I read my bible, I try to obey HIS word, I go to church, I pay my tithe. God what  have I done to deserve this misfortune. If anyone told me my fiancé could treat me like this, I would never had believed it……………how he professed his love for me,in the presence of my family and friends. We spoke every hour on phone,could not get enough of each other,that if he does not hear from me within five hours he would go into panic mood.

I am more confused than ever, his home is insured. It is painful I know, but it was an accident,..... thought true love supersedes every other thing.

 Please Vivien, I’ve sent you a private email with his mobile numbers, could you speak to him, maybe God could use you to touch his heart, my family is willing to replace all that he lost. I’ve never loved any man the way I love him.

31 comments:

Lucy said...

aah,Otio!

Mario said...

He will come back to his senses,if he truly loves you,there is no need to panic.
I had a similar story that the difference was that my girl,forgot the electric kettle on,it had a minor fault that it does not stop on its own except you physically put off from th mains and we drove off to the movies.
Our home was burnt to ashes,i forgave her after 3months.Today we are married with three kids

Anonymous said...

Give him time,he will come around.he has insurance

Anonymous said...

Stupid gurl,all these babes the moment they hear you want to introduce to your mother he lose focus

Anonymous said...

Stupid gurl,all these babes the moment they hear you want to introduce them to your mothers they lose focus

Amaka said...

That guy shuld take chill pills,nobody is above mistake

Ofor said...

Give him time he is traumatized

Anonymous said...

The part I dont get is why are his friends not picking up her calls,what kind of fairweather friends are those

Tom said...

He is pained,and dont worsen matter by bringing a third party,totally a starnger to the picture.It is quite insulting to a man saying your family will replace his valuables.

Noel said...

Vivien no call o before they put you for gbese

Paul said...

It only shows the kind of wife you will make,this is a delicate matter,pray that is the way out

Anonymous said...

Na wa ooo,,,,if it made to b he will surely come around....

Anonymous said...

I must be candid, some of us post insulting comments which re uncalled for. It hurts, but I believe he'll come around. Just buy him sometime. While on that, I strong believe tht u really need to go for serious prayers n deliverance, cos u said this is the 6th time u re this close to the alter. Pls take that seriously.

Chukie said...

@Anonymous19th August 2013 21:48: Ur comment sounds childish, no wonder u didn't put ur name up. B matured in tinking next time n f u dnt av anytin upstairs in ur head pls shut up. @Paul:Wat a wrong statement u made dir. It wasn't called for..
So sry dear, I can imagine hw u feel dnt wry he wuld come back if he really loves u ok, he is just pissed @ d moment. Pls take it easy. If my fiance does same I wuld b mad but cuz I luv her I wuld go back to her

Gloria said...

Honestly some men are bitter,@Anonymous19th August 2013 21:48:i'm sure he does not have a girlfriend,his statement tells it all

Ebere said...

True love will take control.It is very well with my dear.

Irene said...

The best thing to do is to keep away from him,send him a text and email.talk about how beautiful your love was like when you guys were together.Before this happened.Love never gives up

Anonymous said...

I was too tired to comment yday.i read all the other comments,but most people are quick to judge her,it was a mistake.

Ikenne said...

They will reconcile,I pity those his friends that abandoned her when she needed them the most

Afam said...

I am still speeches

Anonymous said...

This is where I value insurance

Chika said...

Please Vivien call him,he might see reasons with you,she sounds like a sweet girl

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah,so that Vivien will now be in the middle,abego,Vivien is to blog and update us of what is going on not to be interferring in other people's domestic issues.No way,Aunty Vivien dont listen to bad advisers

Anonymous said...

The girl in question shud check herself,why all these Omen.Have you offended sb,are you unforgiving.Retrace.going to church,paying tithe are not enough.
How is your relation with another fellow human being.These things have precautions

Tope said...

I cried my eyes out as if it were me.Nothing is wrong with you.Steadfast in the Lord,you will marry.Keep the faith.

Anonymous said...

Lean on family&good friends,they will help you get through this.

Yetude said...

How manage,if the gas cylinder was outside,the gas will only burn out

Eze said...

Its not enough to call off your engagement.Except you never loved her

Aigbe said...

Its part of being a man.what if you were Dr Reddy and your daughter fell over your wife's hand and into the river by mistake and the baby dies,you will kill her too abii,think about it.Forgive and learn from it.

Leogu said...

Eh!

Romeo said...

Be a man and forgive,its only material things