Saturday 16 March 2013

”My Oga at the Top” -NSCDC Commandant Obafaiye Shem suspended from office

In case you missed it here is a  recap
Report reaching NE says that the Lagos State Commandant of the National Security and Civil Defence Corps, NSCDC, Mr. Obafaiye Shem, the man who postulated the “my oga at the top” mantra has been suspended from office by the Ministry of Interior.

As at the time of filing this report, no reason was given for Shem’s suspension as no official of the Ministry agreed to speak. However, it may not be unconnected with the embarrassing interview the commandant granted Channels Television early this week.

Mr. Obafaiye ordeal started when he appeared on Channels Television morning programme ‘Sunrise’ and when asked the NSCDC website he said:

“Hmmm, the website is, excuse me, my Oga at the top knows the website”, he again, cleared his throat and said: “My Oga at the top is working on the website and I don’t have them”.

When the presenters insisted that he give a functioning website address of the para-military, he dropped the bombshell: “ww.nscdc, that’s all”.

Immediately, the interview went viral and has become so popular to the extent that t-shirts with “my oga at the top” insignia has been produced and selling like hot cake across the country.

No comments: