Tuesday 28 August 2012

Solabomi Dies Of Hypertension Over Inability To Meet 1 Trillion Naira Target In 6Months

According to reports, last week Friday, beautiful female marketer with Access Bank Business Unit at Simbiat Abiola, Ikeja, Lagos branch, Solabomi Olugbemi reportedly lost her precious life after battling with hypertension when she could not meet the target of one trillion Naira set for her and her team.

We learnt that the 29-year-old mother of three disclosed to some of her friends that visited her at the hospital before her death that she had been under a lot of stress because of Deposit Mobilisation mandate (OJC) Operation.

This was as a result of a reported target given to her team early 2012 by the Divisional Director to raise cheap funds for the bank of 1 trillion Naira in 6 months.




On the last day of the OJC, Sunbomi reportedly collapsed at the office when her balance sheet read negative especially after a customer withdrew about 200million Naira from his account.

 She was then rushed to Jolade hospital, Gbagada, Lagos where she was later moved to Military hospital in Ikoyi, Lagos. She was then diagnosed with high blood pressure at the hospital.

 Reports also put it that over 60 percent of Access Bank staffers are highly hypertensive as a result of targets they are made to meet in order to keep their 'shaky' jobs.


13 comments:

Docas said...

I had to quit the bank work,so much pressure in bank industry,the last straw for me was when i went to market to a client very rich guy most people will know him if i mentioned his name,he was single as that time, he lured me into sleeping with him,which i did since i felt he was single, i'm single just maybe we cld date and i can officially be his girl friend,this guy jonsed me after the weekend with him, he had promised to open an account with N15million.He left me with N100,000 only, told me sorry, he has changed his mind and he has a fiance whom he is getting married to in a months time....I felt cheated and used,two weeks later I resigned, i told myself expect i want to be a prostitute that's the only i can meet my target in this bank. It was a tough decision but I took my stand.

Anonymous said...

I feel for them, most them live false life,their personal acct are constantly on red, my friend, recently asked me to lend her money, she is a manager,so you can imagine those that not in her rank

Anonymous said...

These marketers are aggressive, one of them met in a friend's home,she wont let be, she said"I'll do what you want,just open an account in my bank" she is lucky i have let go of my bad ways

Anonymous said...

The young men now have sugar mummies all in the name of meeting target

Anonymous said...

She wld have quit her job, who will now llok after her children

Anonymous said...

That's how they spread disease up and down

Anonymous said...

1trillion naira, that is alot to get in one yr,it ridiculous in 6months

Angie said...

I've met both guys and girls who enjoy marketing, they seem happy and they meet their taget,they also look rich themselves

Carl said...

Not in all cases,you can market everybody and not necessarily the rich ones,bc most ofteh will take advantage of you, im a marketer,there are strategies to use,you dont have sleep around to get clients

Anonymous said...

@carl fr how long will you talk to people and convince people to switch over from where they are to move to your bank,msh..you guys screw around alot

Anonymous said...

Canthey scrap off this target thing

Anonymous said...

Fed govt read what is happening in the bank, CBN,its not just controlling& regulating, make the law in this area so people can live longer instead of their life span being shortened over unrealistic target

The Learning Craft said...

This is a sad news. If people are passionate about their jobs, does that make them kill themselves. This is an example of how the society is loosing value. Why do they have to work in a bank? Our educational system needs to be worked on so every that everyone can move to areas they are skilled at; not have to take just any job. I have always maintained that I will never work in a bank even though I studied Accounting. I went ahead to study more and became a teacher because it is my passion. Let us all do what we are talented at and we will be successful. www.thelearningcraft.blogspot.com