Saturday 25 August 2012

Cynthia's parents speak out

Cynthia's dad says "it is stupid to travel to go meet someone you've only been chatting with on social media" and Cynthia's killers demanded N20million says cynthia's Mum



Major General Frank Osokogu says;

 "Even though I have lost a daughter, her loss might not be in vain because there are lessons other people need to learn from this unfortunate incident. I believe it is stupid for somebody to travel to go and meet people that he or she had not known because you have been chatting with them on social media. I strongly believe that adventure is too risky. You should know people before you begin to visit them. Students especially have a big lesson to learn from this" - Major General Frank Osokogu

 Mother of the Cynthia Osokogu, the 24 year old lady murdered in a Festac hotel by her Facebook/BB friends said;

 The men had demanded N20million from her. Her words below: On Sunday July 22nd, she called me to tell me that she had arrived Lagos to collect some goods that had just arrived from overseas and promised to come and see me immediately she arrived from Lagos.

So when she did not call me on the day she was supposed to arrive, I called her number and it wasn't going. At the time I called my husband who lives in Abuja and my senior son to intimate them of what is happening. So I went to the police to complain. But when we called the number again, it was going and someone picked it up and said she would come back; that we couldn't speak with her because she was in the hospital. They told me she was in Symbol hospital in Benin. It turned out to be a fake hospital.

Then when we called again, they said they had kidnapped her and demanded for N20million. They sent me a fake account number. I told them that you people said we should send N20 million but the account number they sent to me was a fake one. Not until two weeks later they now told me that I should not bother to call again, that she had been killed.

It was after this that I declared her missing.

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a pity well said sir

Ovie said...

I respect you man for coming out to say exactly the same thing i said when i heard this

Otueroro said...

Sorry to say,cynthia's intelligence was so low that a 12yr old can easily figure out that if out all she shld meet strangers in a hotel,it shld be a hotel that has security,msh...FESTAC nobody even knows d the hotel, what do expect from such places,anyway may sou;l rest in peace

Anonymous said...

I hope the pharmacist that sold the drug will be jailed too for life

Anonymous said...

Those bastards were into ponography, can you imagine all sort things found in that hoetl, poor soul,they must have druged and and had sex so they can use it and put on internet

tariya said...

Its a big pity,she didn't need to die

Anonymous said...

I wept when i read how she was brutalised, may soul rest in peace

Anonymous said...

This man has just taken the words out of my mouth,i feel for him,he lost a child yet he was man enough to say the truth

Shila said...

May God give them the strength to accept this great loss

Anonymous said...

Those bastards have killed more than six people as they claimed

Dray said...

Ok,cynthia was not wise and her intelligence was low,but that does not mean all people on facebook are fake and dangerous,i've met and become friends with so many people on facebook, bottomline, it's wisedom we apply in our everyday life

Obot said...

Facebook initial when it came out,it was ok but now it been abused

Lasisi said...

Her case was unlucky one, people have met their life partner thru this media

Hardehola said...

parents shld have talks with their children on this social media

Anonymous said...

This is a lesson for everyone

Anonymous said...

I wonder how many people that have been murder in this way,it bc this is from a middle class that it went viral

Anonymous said...

I can't take anymore of the news, she is dead lets everybody move on

Nwezeh said...

Whi is ds insensitive person, d parents were expressing how they feel and what happened you sit down there talking crap

Martha said...

May her soul rest in peace

Rosy said...

Its well with the parents

Anonymous said...

This girls story has been twisted from day one,almost 3different story, cynthis mum i wish you cld you understand when i say most of what you said is f**King story....is it that there is no intelligence in the whole family?

Anonymous said...

Nawo! father dey Abuja, daughter is running show in lagos, mum in Jos did not take appropriate measure when her daughter was told she was in the hospital....msh not quite sure if this was what has happened but it does not make sense to me

Anonymous said...

Ok oh! mama cynthia, may her soul rest in peace

Anonymous said...

It's just unfortunate

Anonymous said...

Twisted story, just like the what the father said, that wwas d only thing that made sense, thought with his head and not emotions