Wednesday 23 May 2012

Question of the day? Do you have the right to hack into your hubby’s / wife’s or boyfriend/girlfriend’s phone?


Well this is the story that has led me to ask this question
A Nigerian customary court based in Ojo, a suburb of Lagos will decide 22 May whether to grant a divorce request by a couple, over accusations of adultery.

Forty-three year-old man, Mr Peter Ekundayo asked the Grade ‘A’ Customary Court, Ojo to dissolve his marriage after confirming his wife’s adulterous act by hacking into her phone.

“When I became suspicious of Funmi, my wife, I decided to activate call monitoring on my wife’s phone through the help of a computer expert. Due to the call monitoring I activated, whenever my wife got an incoming call, mine would vibrate and then I just click to listen to her conversations on my phone. What I discovered almost made me take my life,” Ekundayo said.
 
The petitioner, who resides at Ajoke Bodunde Street, Ojo-Igbede, Lagos, has been married to Funmi for two years.
Ekundayo said his wife’s attitude changed since she got a job as sales representative in a fast food outfit located at Iyana-Isashi area of Lagos.

“My wife’s attitude has become intolerable for me; she is always bent on denying me my right of sexual intercourse with her. As soon as my wife got that job, I noticed that I no longer had any influence on her. Even sexual matters in our marriage gradually became a thing of the past,” he said


The petitioner said that he became suspicious of her activities especially as she usually crept out of bed at night to receive calls, which initially she never did.

Ekundayo said that he was shocked on one occasion when he heard his wife’s telephone conversation with their neighbour whom she was allegedly sleeping with. “During the conversation on phone, Funmi and that my neighbour both agreed to meet at a hotel around Afromedia, near Iyana-Isashi, after she closed from work.

 I deliberately did go out of the house that evening so as to monitor when Funmi will return from work. She returned from work that day at about 10 p.m and claimed that a truck had fallen on the road which caused much traffic. I almost took my life when I realised the shameful acts of my wife in the short time we have been married,” Ekundayo said.

 He said that he wanted a divorce because he was still young and did not want to die from any illness associated Funmi’s alleged sexual immorality.

Funmi declined to make any comment in response to the allegation levelled against her by the petitioner.




16 comments:

Kate said...

When a man and a woman marries they become one so he has d right to check her phone he wishes to vice versa

George said...

Its only when some one has sth to hide they he feels his or her phone shld not be checked

Jozdan, said...

they say when u want to know if a marriage will last, give them 2yrs if it starts having issues take off or else u'll think of killing ur self like Ekundayo

Oluyori said...

ABEG THAT IS INVADING ON ONE’s PRIVACY

Enytan said...

They say when u look for sth u’ll find it, that was happened to d man, serves him right

Iyan said...

This woman na muimuiO! Bc she got a new job,she started jump from one man to another…plz this not divorce her stay far away from her

Rapha said...

SHE MUST HAVE FALLEN OUT OF LOVE WITH HIM, I DON’T THINK IS THE HER NEW JOB THAT CAUSED HER CHEATING

Anonymous said...

Poor man…ur wife is after money, she must have been hooked by d rich customers that show up at the eateries

Helen said...

But nawo for some women,what happened for better or worse

Anonymous said...

The moment you noticed she was not satisfying u in bed, that shld have told her that the marriage is over, bc if she not doing u, she's doing sb else

Malaki said...

Ekundayo u f*** up u mean u heard ur wife funmi in a conversation that she was going to a hotel to sleep with ur neighbor and u did not throw all her things from ur house? Na u cause this naw

Shawn said...

I guess u married a prostitute, just move on like u said u are still young

Folabi said...

Women!is it bc d man is not rich?

karren said...

Her hubby doesnt mean anything to him bc from ds story no respect what's so ever

Iyke said...

Abeg move on she does not deserve u.

Anonymous said...

Nawo! i dont know how i'll react if my girl friend hacks my phone