Tuesday 29 May 2012

Meet the actress who loves her job more than her husband



Taiwo Akinwande, a.k.a Yetunde Wunmi was arrested and jailed for possession of hard drugs at the Lagos Airport. During her interview when made a comeback, she was asked what led to drug peddling.
This was her response “Maybe I allowed my love for money to get too much over me. I was actually very broke at that time. Then I could not boast of N10,000 in my savmgs. It was that bad. It was actually a temptation. And I thank God for His mercy.”

The part that caught my attention was when she was asked these questions:
So, how about your husband?

“My husband is alive but we are no longer together.”

What happened? It seems that most actresses don't keep their marriages

“It's this job. I love this job more than my husband.”

Really? seriously?....what's your take on this?  when done reading...do continue
read more


And you sacrificed your husband for this job? 
 “Yes, because I so much love this job.”
When you married him, was he not aware of what you were doing for a living?

 “I'd married my husband before I took up acting as profession. In fact, I'd given birth.”

 You children were born to your estranged husband; so why did you have to leave?

 “It was when he didn't like this job and I liked it. It was what I could regard as conflict of interest.”

 So, you couldn't drop this job to save your marriage? 

 “No, I can't drop it for any man. Never! In fact, never ever! Except when God calls me home; that's when I can be done. As long as I'm still alive without any ailment, I’ll keep going.”

So, you are not even thinking of quitting at a certain age?

 No, I’m not thinking about that at all. I'm not engaged in any other job.

 These are her numerous Yoruba movies and she played major roles in some of them such as 'Odun Mejo' and Salawa Abeni, 'Opa Ajobi, 'Ade Ori', 'Omo Okunrin', 'Jawonlaya', 'Oro Omo Le', 'Aje Niyonu', 'Egbogi Oloro', 'Ori OIowo L'ori Mi'


6 comments:

Joe said...

That's why d man left her

Anonymous said...

She is not ready to be with a man, she loves money and fame, she lucky u came out of prison alive..

Anonymous said...

Greedy woman,if time is not taken again, she land in jail....what,so how abt ur children.

Gabriel said...

Why were u not acting bf u married,mtschewwwwwwwww! u used ur husband to pave way to ur acting and now u are saying u love ur job more why didnt u get d job bf u married so we know u truly love ur job, i think u love d fame and money not d acting itself

Tosin said...

Yetunde, i used to be ur fan O! but ds ur ans to ds is not what i expected to hear but all d best , u really know ur crafts

Tosin said...

Yetunde, i used to be ur fan O! but ds ur ans to ds is not what i expected to hear but all d best , u really know ur crafts