Monday 21 May 2012

Afghan, 22 yr old ,Aesha Mohammadzai’s nose and ears were hacked off by brutal in-laws after she was promised in marriage aged 12

Very sad but it happened


When Aesha was 12, her father promised her in marriage to a Taliban fighter to pay a debt. She was handed over to his family who abused her and forced her to sleep in the stable with the animals.
The UN estimates that nearly 90 per cent of Afghanistan's women suffer from some sort of domestic abuse.

When she attempted to flee, she was caught and her nose and ears were hacked off by her husband as punishment.
'When they cut off my nose and ears, I passed out. In the middle of the night it felt like there was cold water in my nose.

'I opened my eyes and I couldn't even see because of all the blood,' she told CNN reporter Atia Abawi.


Aisha now in U.S, has a prosthetic nose fitted using a special adhesive. She will eventually have reconstructive surgery


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Surely The perpetrator of such wickedness will not hell at the end.