Wednesday 25 April 2012

N7.3 million returned by NAHCO staff he found inside an airplane


Wow! Good people like this are hard to find O! Would you do the same?

Salami Ibrahim, a staff of the Nigerian Aviation Handling Company (NAHCO), who found and returned a wallet containing foreign currency totalling N7.3 million while cleaning an aeroplane has been rewarded for his honesty.
 
Ibrahim, a cabin cleaning team leader, found the wallet containing £25,000 and €5,000 inside an aircraft at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, (MMIA) Lagos, during a routine cleaning exercise.

Impressed with his show of honesty, the management of Turkish Airlines has rewarded Ibrahim with an all-expenses paid return trip to Istanbul, Turkey; despite the fact that the plane in question is not one of theirs.

Managing Director of the airline in Nigeria, Ali Bulut, said: “This is an act that should be rewarded and encouraged because it is good for the aviation industry in Nigeria. 


Even though the incident did not take place on Turkish Airlines’ aircraft, we are happy that it happened at least in the industry. Where I come from, good behaviour is rewarded even if it is not directly to you.
We appreciate Ibrahim so much, and this is worthy of emulation for other aviation personnel that they must be trusted at all times and that good gesture such as this will surely be rewarded.” This is the second time that Ibrahim is returning money found while cleaning aircrafts.

On September 11, 2009, he found another wallet in an aircraft containing cash and returned it to the owner. A letter of commendation was given to him by NAHCO then. He expressed gratitude to Turkish Airlines for giving him the chance for the vacation. “When I found the wallet inside the aircraft while cleaning it, I submitted it to security and airline personnel; and the passenger came to collect the wallet in my presence. I want to thank Turkish Airlines for rewarding me on this,” he said.

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

Most Nigerians ie 99.9% will not return it

Anonymous said...

IN UK AND USA OR WHERE THERE IS LAW ABIDING, THEY WILL RETURN BC THEY CANT RUN,THE LAW WILL FISH YOU OUT IF U TRY,BUT IN NIGERIA D CASE IS DIFFERNT

Anonymous said...

WHEN U HAVE THIEVES AS GOVT,I WONT LIE IF IT WAS ME I'LL TAKE IT

Anonymous said...

really! do people like this exist or he is a ghost.

Anonymous said...

Nigerian law does not permit honesty,I'll take it and thk God, its favour

Anonymous said...

Return ke!

Anonymous said...

Nigeria encourages stealing so this one I'll count it as blessing, and praise God

Anonymous said...

I'll pocket it

Anonymous said...

Its a choice, i'll return for the fear of if it was a set up

Anonymous said...

I'll leave it there,who knows if it was juju to kill anybody that uses it or touches it

Anonymous said...

Wont't think twice, will take it

Anonymous said...

The person who 4got it there is obviously rich,i'll take it.

Anonymous said...

Someone who is poor will not 4get or misplace it in d1st place,that amt d wallet will be on ur groin at every point u chk if its still in tact

Anonymous said...

So people carry such huge amt around

Anonymous said...

Not a hard earned money

Anonymous said...

something is attached to that money, shine ur eyes

Anonymous said...

The reward to d man is too small, u see why i wont return it

Anonymous said...

I'll be indecisive

Anonymous said...

Will take, grow my business, then pray for God to 4give me

Anonymous said...

The happiest day of my life, what a lucky day....save some of the money, grow my business,spoil my friends...

Anonymous said...

I'll grab it, wont go to work that d next day, resign 3weeks after

Anonymous said...

I'll tell my best friend whatever he says i'll do

Anonymous said...

Voooooodooooooooooo,I'll jump and pass,wont even clean that area. What? that's not aclean money

Theophilous said...

As i always carry holy water, my bible,i will sprinkle d water,then mutter a word from d bible, praise God and grab d money.lets face facts,wont u?dont judge me.